With my first project proudly behind me I decided to embark on something more challenging and signed up to a 10 week Dress Making course at my local college. I approached the first week with nervous anticipation and a shiny new tape measure and sewing kit. We spent our first Wednesday evening learning about how to take the numerous measurements that may be needed and deciding whether we felt brave enough to start from scratch and create our pattern.
I went for the less challenging option and spent a Saturday afternoon flicking through the pattern books trying to pick a favourite. After spending far too long in a state of indecision I picked a Cynthia Rowley pattern by Simplicity (http://www.habithat.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/10648), which at the time looked quite straight forward. I also picked up some fabric, I went for a pink, summery fabric with a leaf pattern (apparently a highly patterned fabric will help hid any mistakes).
With just about everything I needed, I was ready to start and looking forward to week two.