Marzipan not only the perfect medium for making all kinds of decorations for all your bakes, but it tastes delicious too. We teamed up with Great British Bake-Off winner (and our former baby and toddler clothing designer), Frances Quinn, to bring you the Quinntessential Honey & Orange Blossom Marzipan recipe – an uplifting twist on this classic favourite, with a sweet and citrusy zing.
1 egg yolk
1 tsp orange blossom extract
1 tsp honey
1 large orange
100g ground almonds
100g icing sugar
1. Place the egg yolk in a medium bowl and add the extract and honey.
2. Zest the orange into the bowl and mix into a paste with a spoon.
3. Sift and stir in the ground almonds and icing sugar.
4. Start mixing with a spoon, then bring the mix together into a ball with your hands drawing together like pastry. If the mixture is to dry you can add a little juice from the orange or egg white.
5. You can use the marzipan straight away or keep it, wrapped in clingfilm or in a sandwich bag, in the fridge for 2–3 weeks.
Even people who don’t like marzipan like my homemade honey and orange blossom marzipan, as it really tastes of oranges.
Frances Quinn, GBBO Winner & former Joules Designer